To care for, mentor and build relationships with youth through a Christ-centered approach by providing opportunities that are safe, inviting and non-judgemental.
Going where kids are - Winning the right to be heard - Building personal relationships with youth
Providing experiences that are fun, exciting and life-changing
Sharing our lives and the good news of the gospel with young people
Loving kids regardless of their responses
Helping young people develop life skills, positive assets and attitude change to reach their full potential
Working with a team of like-minded adults (volunteers, board members, donors, and staff)
Deer River Campus Life Director
Executive Office Administrator
Greenway Campus Life Director
Grand Rapids Campus Life Director
Lennette (Nettie) Yunk
Itasca Youth for Christ was formed in 1970, and continues serving the young people of Itasca County for over 50 years. Itasca YFC is a local relational outreach ministry chartered with the National Youth for Christ/USA orgranization, headquartered in Denver, Colorado.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
1. We believe the Bible to be the inspired, infallible authoritative Word of God.
2. We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
3. We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
4. We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
5. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
6. We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
7. We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in Christ.
BOARD OF DIRECTORS
Chairperson: Brad Nelson
Vice-Chairperson: Charlie Sherman
Treasurer: Krisyln Watson
Secretary: Sandy Lanzo